- Poland has 38 large regional hospitals responsible for hematology and oncology.
- Genano has delivered a total of over 150 air purifiers to these hospitals.
- Of the 16 regions in Poland, 13 are using Genano to protect immunocompromised patients.
Polish regional hospitals have recognized the need for protecting patients from infections by providing ultra pure air in patient rooms. High enough hygienic conditions could not be reached without additional air purification.
The Department of Hematology at the Provincial Specialist Hospital Copernicus in the city of Lodz is one of the longtime users of Genano air purifiers.
Genano units are utilized as an additional system for maintaining a high air hygiene level in rooms with immunosuppressed patients, describes the technical department of the hospital.
These patients have reduced resistance to infection because of a recent bone marrow transplantation.
“We are working with Genano air purifiers on a daily basis. They are mainly used in rooms with 2–3 patients. Patients stay with us very different times: sometimes 2–4 days, sometimes up to 1,5 months", describes Katarzyna Stępień, Head Nurse of Hematology District
Katarzyna Stępień, Head Nurse of Hematology District
Genano has delivered a total of over 150 air purifiers to regional hospitals responsible for hematology and oncology.
"Without Genano there would be very high risk of infections for the patients. We have seen the effect of Genano in practice and we are very happy”, says Stępień.
Genano References in Poland
- Provincial Specialist Hospital, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Lodz, Department of Hematology
- ACK Gdansk (Isolation)
- Bialystok Provincial Specialist Hospital (Isolation)
- Bydgoszcz University Hospital No 2
- Chorzów Centre of Pediatrics and Oncology
- Chorzów Specialist Hospital
- Department of Health Care Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn Oncology Center, Department of Hematology
- Gdansk Clinic of Haematology and Transplantology
- Gdansk Pomeranian Center for Infectious Diseases and Tuberculosis
- Gdansk Regional Infectious Hospital
- Gliwice Centre of Oncology Institute, Maria Sklodowska-Curie Branch
- Katowice Independent Public Clinical Hospital, Clinic of Haematology
- PGK SANIKO, Pikutkowo, Wloclawek
- Poznan Clinical Hospital, Department of Hematology
- Poznan Municipal Hospital
- Rzeszow Provincial Hospital
- Somadent Medical Center Zdzislaw, Boleslawiec
- Szczecin Independent Public Clinical Hospital No 1 of Pomeranian Medical University Torun
- Specialist Municipal Hospital
- Warsaw Independent Public Central Clinical Hospital, Clinic of Haematology and Oncology
- Warsaw Military Medical Institute
- Warsaw Provincial Sanitary Epidemiological Station
- Warsaw Samodzelny Public Health Care Hospital of Infectious Diseases
- Warsaw Samodzelny Public Health Care Hospital of Infectious Diseases (Laboratory)
- Wolska Infectious Hospital
- Wroclaw Independent Public Clinical Hospital No 1